Strategic projects are characterized by the result addressing a part of the programme’s strategic innovation agenda that cannot be handled appropriately through an open call. The result should be useful for many actors.
The process for initiating, applying for and approving strategic projects does not take place through open calls, it takes place in consultation with the program office in a transparent process. In the strategic projects, the program office actively takes a role in following up and ensuring the dissemination of results where appropriate.
To run a strategic project within Swedish Mining Innovation
The project application
- Following a decision by Swedish Mining Innovation, the application is submitted via Vinnova’s portal. Please note that the application process must take place in dialogue with the program office.
Projects is granted and started
- Start report is sent to Vinnova
- The document “Project description and summary of results” is sent to the program office (see Template)
- Swedish Mining Innovation appoints ev. representative from the program office in the steering group
Ongoing during the project
- Status update prior to board meetings at the request of the program office
- During the project and when the project is completed, you are expected to present the project on request at Swedish Mining Innovation’s annual Program Day and Swedish Mining Research and Innovation Day
- During the project, the project leader must inform the program office of any dissemination activities, so that the program can spread and communicate further
- In dialogue with the program office be helpful in preparing materials to be disseminated by the program office.
- Final report to Vinnova in Vinnova’s portal
- The document “Project description and summary of results” is updated and sent to the program office no later than the date for the project end (see Template)
- Project leader participates in final interview about results, continued work, etc.
- Project leader and participants respond to a survey from Swedish Mining Innovation
- After the project has been completed, you are expected to present the project on request at Swedish Mining Innovation’s annual program day and Swedish Mining Research and Innovation Day.
Templates and links
Vinnovas rules for publication
All projects started 2021 or later shall follow Vinnova’s guidelines for scientific publications: link
PPT template Swedish Mining Innovation project presentation
Ur Vinnovas allmänna villkor för bidrag
- Projektet ska vara representerat av minst en projektpartner vid konferenser och andra aktiviteter som anordnas inom Swedish Mining Innovation.
- Vid varje offentliggörande av projektresultat ska det anges att arbetet utförts inom det strategiska innovationsprogrammet Swedish Mining Innovation, en gemensam satsning av Vinnova, Formas och Energimyndigheten (t.ex. publicering oavsett medium och muntliga presentationer).
- Projektet ingår i det strategiska innovationsprogrammet Swedish Mining Innovation och ska samverka med programmets programkontor i genomförandet.
Se Vinnova, samt projektavtal.