Photo: Jennie Pettersson, Students at LTU.
Date: 10 December
Where: Digitally (connecting instructions will be sent out to registered the day before the event)
We welcome you to this open workshop with focus on mining-related distance education!
During 2020 the need for distance education has been further emphasized by the pandemic. The Swedish Mining Innovation Program supported ten projects during the year with the aim to develop mining related distance education in order to ensure high quality education also when distance education is the only option.
The purpose of the workshop is to share and discuss experience from the projects related to distance education within the Swedish Mining Innovation during 2020, and also to discuss future needs.
The workshop is open to anyone interested in mining-related distance education (teachers, industry, students, or just interested) and we hope for a lot of forward thinking discussions that can guide or efforts in this area in the coming year.
14.00-14.10 Welcome and introduction
14.10-15.10 Presentations of Distance education booster projects (6 minutes/project)
- Digitization of the course high temperature processes
- SWEMOZ – harmonization and exchange
- Facilitate practical laboratory assignments using on-line measurement and web-conference systems
- Fundamentals of Rock Mechanics (distance education)
- Distance learning in environmental isotope geochemistry applied to mining environments
- Application of interactive displays within blended learning concepts
- Learning Remote Sensing
- VR/AR mining environment
- T7025B Project Course in Rock and Soil (distance education)
- Are you experienced in the field
15.10-15.25 Break and separation into groups
15.25-15.50 Group discussions – distance learning further needs
15.40-16.05 Short presentation from each group
16.05- 16.10 Closing
Check your spam mail if you do not receive a confirmation mail after registration.