During the morning, Swedish Mining Innovation’s annual innovation idea competition were held for the sixth time in a row. Of the 19 ideas submitted to this year’s competition, the expert jury had selected the eight sharpest ideas that were pitched in front of the jury and audience. The jury’s chairman Matz Sandström pointed out that this year’s ideas were of a very high and even quality, and that the jury has had a tough task in selecting the eight ideas that went on in the competition.
During the opening of the event, the great news was also released that the jury will not only select one winner, but that two innovative ideas will be rewarded with SEK 600,000 each for realization. The winning ideas will be presented on June 16.
If you missed a pitch or want to listen to an idea again, look here!
- Biodegradable and Nitrate Free Civil Explosives (Hypex Bio Explosives Technology)
- Impact PCB – a novel, effective and simple solution to separate Metal Fraction & Non-Metal Fraction from the waste Printed Circuit Boards (ImpactPCB)
- Improving the Fire and Mechanical Properties of Shotcrete Structures with Sustainable Biochar (Oisik Das/Michael Försth)
- Miljö- och arbetsmiljövänlig lakning av guld från malm och avfall (Chromafora)
- Elektrokemisk process för att minska mängden kvicksilver inom gruvindustrin (Atium)
- Hårdvarulös positionering (Widefind)
- Energieffektiv lakning av kritiska metaller från gruvavfall genom hydrodynamisk och akustisk kavitaiton (H2sonic)
- Bayesian Estimation of Mine Induced Seismicity (BEMIS) (RS Solutions)